cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Want to buy a handset during lockdown

Silvia11
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I broke my phone and would like to buy a new handset from EE. I am on a pay monthly contract, but I would like to buy my phone outright (not be tied to a 24 month contract). Can I buy a new handset on the EE website (as all the EE shops are closed during lockdown)? If I buy a PAYG handset, will I be able to put my sim card in the handset to retain my phone number? Many thanks!

13 REPLIES 13
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Silvia11 

If you buy a PAYG handset then asking as the SIM fits then it will be ok to use. If you need a new SIM EE can provide one.

EE don't sell contract phones outright, so you would need to look at other sites such as Amazon. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

@Silvia11 , just to add to what @Northerner has written, you will be able to put your SIM card in any phone you buy, even the EE pay as you go phones, so will not need a new one, but if you do, just make sure you order a replacement SIM card from EE, as that will have your number, which you may still have to activate, but the information will come with the SIM card when and if you receive a new one.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Silvia11

Welcome to the community.

I can see you have had some great advice already 🙂

If you do need a different size SIM card then the one you have, you can order a replacement SIM online here.

If you have any questions let us know 🙂

Leanne.

Thanks everyone for your advice.

Why do I have to buy £20 top-up with my PAYG phone when I am not going to use it as a PAYG phone?

Also, I am confused by the "packs", it sounds like I will have to keep paying monthly for top-ups? I just want the handset as I already have a contract.

Thanks again!

@Silvia11  EE don’t sell phones without a sim.  If you want a PAYG phone you just need to put your current sim in it.  

Hello again

Ordering a new PAYG phone from the EE website does not work if I just want a handset. It asks for a PAC number, and when I text 65075 to get a PAC number, it tells me that if I use it then my contract with EE will be cancelled. I don't want to cancel my contract, I just want the handset. But I can only order the phone if I enter the PAC number, which will cancel my contract.

Really grateful for your help / advice!

@Silvia11   You don’t need a PAC code that’s just for if your changing networks and your not doing that. 

Thanks @Chris_B . But the EE website won't let me proceed with the order of a PAYG phone unless I put in a PAC number. 

I have always bought replacement handsets from a physical EE shop - I never had any issues. But this doesn't seem possible online now that the shops are closed.

thanks again!

@Leanne_T , can you advise?

thank you!