cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring number within EE

Eams41
Explorer

I have an old Pay As You Go account with EE. There is no contract. Currently, I just pay for calls and texts at standard rates. I've just ordered a Flex Sim to put into an old EE phone which is out of contract and want to transfer the number from the old account to the FlexSim. Because I am not leaving EE or joining from another network, do I still need a PAC number? And will I need to close the existing account associated with that number? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eams41
Explorer

Problem solved. Got through to Technical Support and Customer Retention who were both very helpful. Solution in my case is to cancel the existing PAYC contract and downgrade it to PAYG. That takes 30 days, at which point I will get a text from EE and then will call Billing and ask them to transfer the old number to the new FlexSim. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Eams41
Explorer

Problem solved. Got through to Technical Support and Customer Retention who were both very helpful. Solution in my case is to cancel the existing PAYC contract and downgrade it to PAYG. That takes 30 days, at which point I will get a text from EE and then will call Billing and ask them to transfer the old number to the new FlexSim. 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Glad you're sorted, @Eams41

Thanks for letting us know. 🙂

Chris

I currently have new phone and SIM card but on my EE account it still hS my old number this is not in use anymore how do I change my account phone number to top up my phone please

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lynseyleanne,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Our Customer Care Team will be happy to remove your old number from your account if you get in touch.

Thanks

James