cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Transferred number from Vodafone but Vodafone phone also still working

Rachelw1991
Contributor
Contributor

I have moved from Vodafone to EE, entered my pac number yesterday, this morning around 10am my EE sim was working with my transferred number on, I can call and text from it. however I’m not receiving any security text messages to EE (the ones you get to set up accounts etc) these are still going to my old Vodafone sim. Vodafone also called me... it rang on the Vodafone sim not my EE sim. The Vodafone sim is still working, has signal and I can phone and text from this. So both SIM cards are using the same number which is odd. What should I do or is this normal while transferring a number across? 

17 REPLIES 17
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @Rachelw1991 

Welcome to fhe EE Community,

since posting on the community has your number port completed ?

Thanks,

David.

Nope not complete, my Vodafone sim is still working, has signal etc. Thank you.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for getting back to us @Rachelw1991

I have sent you a private message for more information. 

Katie 🙂

Thanks Katie, someone from EE rang me and told me the problem was with Vodafone. Spoke to Vodafone and they’re telling me once the pac code is used and the number ported it’s down to EE to sort it and get my Vodafone contract cancelled? Feel like I’m going round in loops. I just need my Vodafone contract ending as per the rules of using a pac code, currently I’m going to be paying 2 contracts!

Phil891212
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Rachelw1991 

Although it shouldn't work like that it fine. My mum switched networks two days ago and like u could text call on both networks with the same number.  Give it until later tonight/tomorrow morning and the port will be completed and your  Vodafone account closed. 

@Phil891212 

thanks but the worrying thing is Vodafone are still saying my account is fully active... nothing about number being ported. Had a text message from EE to say the number has been successfully transferred yet my Vodafone account is still there so another day I’m paying for two contracts. Hopefully it’ll sort itself out this evening and be fine by tomorrow but I’m not sure.

David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @Rachelw1991 EE's porting team need to raise it with Vodafone so they release the number to EE if you call 0800 956 3146 a tech advisor will be able to escalate it to the porting team.

Phil891212
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Rachelw1991 

It will be sorted by the morning as my mum transferred from EE and had the same issue. Her account was fully closed within a few hours. 

Keep an eye on the Vodafone sim as it will lose it singal soon 

• Thanks, @David i will try and speak with them tomorrow too but my number has ported to EE and is active on there it’s just that my Vodafone account is also still active 🤷🏻‍♀️ Hopefully it may sort itself out but I’ll note that number down for tomorrow!