by crockerdavid98
Explorer

Transfering number from an old ee contract to a new ee contract

I have been reading through the forum and it seems the general consensus is that this is not possible without getting a payg phone from a different provider.

What bothers me is that before I took out my contract I was informed that I could use my PAC code to transfer from EE to EE, and am now bein told on this forum that it's not possible. 

I recieved my new phone today with my contract, and am yet to call EE to see, but does anyone know if I can keep my current number without the hassle of an extra payg sim? 

If not I feel I have been lied to, anyway I can get the recording of the call to complain to EE, as I was very explicit when asking

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Transfering number from an old ee contract to a new ee contract

You were misinformed by EE. They don't transfer nos. from 1 contract to another. You can't use PACs within the same network.

In order to transfer you can only port from old contract to PAYG on another network & then port back to new contract.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by crockerdavid98
Explorer

So is there any solution?

@XRaySpeX wrote:

You were misinformed by EE. They don't transfer nos. from 1 contract to another. You can't use PACs within the same network.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

The solution you've already found on the forums & I have repeated here.

Oh, you don't need a PAYG phone, just a free PAYG SIM off the other network.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@crockerdavid98 get a Asda Mobile sim it will work in your EE phone as Asda mobile use the EE network for signal.

by crockerdavid98
Explorer

Thanks, do I need to put credit on it or will it be fine to just call ASDA

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@David_C: But you don't need the PAYG SIM to work in any phone. You only want it for the number. You'll still be using your new contract SIM, just not with your old no. yet. So you needn't bother whose PAYG SIM you're getting.

No, you don't even need to top it up.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Better to find a PAYG network that doesn't require you to stay with them a month.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.