by Emae271

Transfering my old number

Hello i have ordered a sim only sim for my phone as im moving over from giffgaff to ee as ive had a new phone i have ordered a ee sim only and want to keep my old giffgaff number i have put in my pac number n my old number onto the application but i have had the email through and it says quote "Once you’ve received your order, insert your new EE sim into your device, to complete your number being moved to EE and your account being closed with your old network provider. As a SIM only customer, make sure your device is unlocked." So what i am wondering is does that mean it wont transfer my old number to my new sim unless my phone is unlocked as my new phone is locked to ee and i dont want to of ordered a contract sim to be able to keep my old number if it is not going to transfer to my old sim thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Transfering my old number

@Emae271 : You'll be OK. As your phone is locked to EE an EE SIM will work in it & yout no. will be able to be transferred.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
2 REPLIES 2
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi @Emae271 and welcome to the EE Community.

The number migration will happen regardless of the phone you have and the lock status thereof. As your new phone is locked to EE, you can just put the EE SIM into the phone and it will have the Giffgaff number on it.

Thanks,
Peter

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Emae271 : You'll be OK. As your phone is locked to EE an EE SIM will work in it & yout no. will be able to be transferred.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.