by t_p123
Explorer

Transfer EE to EE

Is there a simple way to transfer a phone number from one EE contract to another please?

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Transfer EE to EE

Yes, but not overly simple. EE won't transfer nos. between contracts. You 1st have to port the no. to another network's PAYG using a PAC got from EE & then in reverse port it back to the new contract.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by t_p123
Explorer

Thanks, appreciate the answer. I really dont understand why as you thibnk loyalty would be rewarded but i bought my wife a new EE contract phone for Xmas thinking this would be the easiest way for her to keep her number but apparently not!

Once you have the APC code from EE do you need to call the new PAYG sim provider to import to the new Sim?

Then after that do you need to call new PAYG provider again to request another PAC code?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@t_p123  That’s exactly what you have to do.  

Unfortunately it’s never been possible to move a number from one account to another account. The only possible reason I can think of is that the system just don’t like it and gets screwed up.  

by t_p123
Explorer

Thanks.

Does the PAYG sim need to work in a phone as i cant put it into the new EE phone as it is locked to EE only sims?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance. Tho' I never said loyalty would be rewarded.

1. Yes, you have to give the PAC you got from EE to the other network. It's How do I transfer my number to EE? in reverse.
  2. Yes, as above.
  3. No, the other's PAYG SIM doesn't need ever operate.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by t_p123
Explorer

Thanks - very helpful again.

So, just so i'm clear...... the PAYG sim doesnt need to operate  - right?

And, is there any min period the number needs to sit with the PAYG sim please?

Thanks again

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

No minimum period once the number has fully ported over (normally within 24 hours) you can request a pac code off them to them port back to your new EE account.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Right!

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.