by MattyJMP
Explorer

Switching contract

I’m trying to get some info now while I think about it. I have a phone on contract with EE that will run out mid October. I would like to wait to get a new contract (probably another carrier but potentially EE) but not for a few weeks. I’d like to see if there’s a Pixel 4 release or Black Friday sales.

So I need to keep my number for a few weeks before getting a new contract. I know you can get numbers switched between carriers so that shouldn’t be a problem. I thought I could maybe make my sim PAYG for a few weeks, then get that number moved over when I get a new phone? Any thoughts or suggestions? 

Many thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Switching contract

@MattyJMP  Yes you can do that,  you just need to give 30 days notice before your contract ends to give notice to end your current contract and request it be changed to a PAYG.   If you decided to stay with EE you can just upgrade and you’ll keep your number.  

4 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@MattyJMP  Yes you can do that,  you just need to give 30 days notice before your contract ends to give notice to end your current contract and request it be changed to a PAYG.   If you decided to stay with EE you can just upgrade and you’ll keep your number.  

by MattyJMP
Explorer

Thanks @Chris_B so just to clarify. I get my sim changed to PAYG and keep my number. I can then get that number moved over to a new sim when I get a new contract? (Either with EE or somewhere else)

by Grand Master
Grand Master

by
EE Community Support Team

That's right @MattyJMP Smiley Happy

Let us know if you have any other questions.

James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.