by Nat-92 Investigator
Investigator

STAYING WITH EE PayM and keeping number

So I have a few contracts with EE I’ve had a number for years which I want to keep and transfer to a contract I got out around 6months ago. 
I’ve obtained a PAC code from EE and bought a PAYG sim from Vodafone. 
ive gave Vodafone the pac code and now the number I want to keep is with them, with the intent to transfer it back to EE. 
I’ve contacted Vodafone several times to get a new pac code and they just keep giving me the same pac code EE provided with me and they keep saying to ring back everyday I’ve also used the text service to get a PAC code and this is still producing the same one.

any ideas what I can do? It’s been over a week now my number has been with Vodafone 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Nat-92 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: STAYING WITH EE PayM and keeping number

I’ve contacted Vodafone they just said the PAC codes are still the same. I don’t know what they did from their end but they’ve produced me a new one. 
so just be aware it can take upto a week!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you still within 30 days of getting your PAC from EE originally? If so, you may need to wait for the 30 days to expire.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Nat-92 Investigator
Investigator

Hi yes. The code doesn’t expire till the 26/12

and also when I spoke to the EE adviser she said it wouldn’t take more than a few days to complete. And when I’ve used a search engine to see what other people did with the same request it’s been done in 48 hours from switching from one network to starting from switching from another 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

That'll be the reason then.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Nat-92 Investigator
Investigator

That doesn’t help really. Why would I be advised that I could change it in less that a week and so many others have been able to?? 

by Nat-92 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

I’ve contacted Vodafone they just said the PAC codes are still the same. I don’t know what they did from their end but they’ve produced me a new one. 
so just be aware it can take upto a week!

View solution in original post

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.