by Marilyn4 Investigator
Investigator

Porting not complete please help me (70 year old lady)

Hi everyone

I am a 70 year old lady and I am so confused as to why my number hasn't ported over from Talkmobile (part of Vodafone) to EE. I am out of contract with Talkmobile so joined EE on a Flex Plan. I got a new EE sim card with a temporary number. I then provided EE with my PAC code I got from Talkmobile only 2 days previously, I confirmed my temporary number and also confirmed the existing Talkmobile number that I wanted porting over and keeping.

2 days later I received a text from EE to confirm "Your existing number transfer to your EE plan is now complete, please turn your device off and on again for these changes to take effect." I have turned my phone off and on again at least 4 times over 2 days. However all my outgoing calls and texts are still sending from the temporary EE number, not the number I ported over but strangely all my incoming calls and texts are coming through correctly, to my ported number. I don't know what's happening or what I should do. Can someone please help me.

My old phone that used the Talkmobile SIM card was a Motorola. My new phone with the EE SIM is a Google Pixel 2.

Thank you so much for any help you can provide. I am lost without having my original mobile number and don't want to keep this temporary number.

Kind Regards

Marilyn 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Marilyn4 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: Porting not complete please help me (70 year old lady)

Problem solved. I had to turn off "use WiFi or data for messaging when avaiable" under chat settings / chat features". Turn off my phone, turn it on again and re-enable this for it to work. My son did the same on his phone. All working now. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

That's unusual. As there is no access to your account on the community, you will need to call EE customer services on 150 from your EE device or 0800 079 8586 from another line to check if the port has completed.

Is Talk Mobile sim card showing no service?

by Marilyn4 Investigator
Investigator

Google Pixel 2

by Marilyn4 Investigator
Investigator

Yes, my Talkmobile SIM in my old Moto phone is showing no service

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

As long as the Talk Mobile sim is cancelled then the transfer would have completed. Sounds as if there is another issue causing it. Let us know how you get on once you call customer services.

by Marilyn4 Investigator
Investigator

UPDATE:

My husband is now receiving calls and texts from my ported over number (the one I want to keep) so this is great news. My son is getting texts and calls from my temporary EE number. How is this even possible?

I am using a Google pixel 2, my son is using a Google pixel 4.

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the update @Marilyn4

Have you reported this issue to our Customer Care Team?

James

by Marilyn4 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Problem solved. I had to turn off "use WiFi or data for messaging when avaiable" under chat settings / chat features". Turn off my phone, turn it on again and re-enable this for it to work. My son did the same on his phone. All working now. 

View solution in original post

by
EE Community Support Team

Fantastic news, thanks for sharing that, @Marilyn4

I'm sure it'll help someone else with a similar problem in future.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions