by Kidunne Contributor
Contributor

Port phone number from EE to EE

I plan to cancel my contract with EE and enter a new contract (also with EE) but through a website.

I've been told by the 3rd party that I can port my number but I've been told by EE that I can't.

I'd be happier if EE could just match the offer but I've been told they can't so it looks like I have to use the 3rd party option.

I don't know who is correct about porting the number but I need to know before I cancel the contract.

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Port phone number from EE to EE

@Kidunne   You’ll have to port your number to a different network on payg then port it back.  It’s not possible to port a number from one EE account to another. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kidunne,

Welcome back to the community. Smiley Happy

As @Chris_B mentioned, you can't port a number from one EE pay monthly plan to another.

Most third party retailers can process EE upgrades (allowing you to keep the same number), so I'd check with them before placing your order.

Hope this helps.

James

by Kidunne Contributor
Contributor

This third party retailer can offer an upgrade but not at the same price as a new contract which is really annoying 😞

by Xeross
Visitor

Hi, any idea how long I would have to be with a new provider on PAYG before I can port my number back to ee please? I’m in the same boat 

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Xeross  Once it’s working on the other network you can port is back. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.