cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number porting with EE - How to keep your number when switching mobile networks

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

If you’re porting to EE, or moving to another network, you’ll need to get a PAC or a STAC depending on if you want to keep your number.

Moving to EE?

If you’ve got a PAC from another network and you’re looking to move your number to EE, you can do this by following one of the following options:

Thinking of leaving us? Here’s how to do it.

If you are considering switching to another provider and you want to know if you would have to pay any early termination charges, you can:

Moving to a new provider and taking your mobile number with you.

If you want to switch mobile provider and keep your mobile number, you will need to request a Porting Authorisation Code (PAC). You can get a PAC free of charge by following one of the following options:

If you choose to text us for your PAC, we’ll send it to you via text message. This message will include any early termination charges for terminating your contract before its end date.

A PAC will allow you to move your existing mobile number to any other UK mobile network.

Once you have given your PAC to your new provider, they will be able to switch your number the next working day.

For requests made after 17:30 on a weekday, on a weekend or bank holiday, the request will take an extra working day.

Day of transfer request 

Day of transfer

Monday

Tuesday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Thursday

Friday

Friday

Monday

Saturday & Sunday

Tuesday

About your PAC.

• Your PAC is valid for 30 days.

• We recommend you use your PAC within 26 days to prevent any delays caused by bank holidays and weekends.

• If you don't use the PAC, your account will remain open and you'll continue to be charged for services.

• If you decide you don't want to use your PAC but would still like to cancel your contract, let us know before your PAC expires.

Moving to a new provider without keeping your current mobile number.

If you want to change mobile provider and automatically cancel your current service but not keep your mobile number, you can request a Service Termination Authorisation Code (STAC).

You can get a STAC free of charge through one of the following options:

If you choose to text us for your STAC, we’ll send it to you via text message. This message will include any early termination charges for terminating your contract before its end date.

If you need to unlock your phone to use with your new provider, please head over to our unlocking page.

Got another question? Tap 'reply' to get involved.

57 REPLIES 57
Kelly551
Explorer

Want to unlock my phone to any network

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Kelly551.

Have a look at our Unlocking Your Device Support Article for all of the information on unlocking your device 🙂

Jon

fenwick
Investigator
Investigator

Hi - I'm staying with EE; got a new phone from them, and would like to transfer my old number (from my previous EE phone which no longer works) to the new phone. Can I do this? Thanks. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @fenwick,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Are you using a pay as you go or pay monthly plan?

Thanks

James

Pay As You Go 

James_B

Hi @fenwick,

If your old SIM is the correct size for your new phone, you can switch it over to keep your number.

If you need to use the new SIM, or if you purchased some credit with your new phone, please get in touch with Customer Care so we can move your existing number to your new SIM.

Thanks

James

Hi James; that's great, many thanks for your advice. 

James_B

No problem @fenwick 🙂

You know where to find us if you need help with anything else.

James

hannimator
Explorer

Your online form appears to be broken for transfering an old number to EE - I cannot get passed the bit where I enter in my (new) EE number - says it needs to be a UK number starting in 07 but it *does* start with 07. 

Can't contact 150 because of staff shortages (understandable).

Please help!