Highlighted
by shef Investigator
Investigator

Number pool

Hi

wonder if anyone can help.

im on a sim only contract but complained many times about dropped calls, slow data speeds etc.

what I wanna do is get a new number to replace my existing, but then get my old number onto a pay as you go out the number pool straight away.

how do I go about this and is it possible?

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Number pool

No, once you switch to a new no. your old no. is quarantined for a time. You can't get it back.

Why should a new no. improve your connection?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by shef Investigator
Investigator

Surely if it’s in Quarantine I should be able to take it out.

i want a new number so I can still honour the contract and give it to my mum or sister while I go to a network that will provide me with service and data

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @shef

Once you change your number your old one is recycled and you won't see it again. If you are out of contract you can port it out if EE, then get a new line/number. 

This won't solve any issues you have with connection, have you checked your network coverage?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by shef Investigator
Investigator

The problem I have is I kept getting empty promises mast is down needs fixing from day dot I still have 8 months left so I rather move my number out now and give the sim to a family member

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @shef.

Thanks for coming to the community.

Have you contacted our Tech Gurus about the mast?

As mentioned above, if you change your number you will lose your old one.

The best way to make sure you keep your number is to wait until your contract has ended and transfer your number onto pay as you go.

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.