Highlighted
by

Not renewing contract

I’ve been with EE for probably 10 years and just coming to the end of my 2 yr contract.  I’m due an upgrade but found the phone I’d like to upgrade to much cheaper elsewhere. I can’t seem to talk to anyone at EE about upgrade offers as what’s offered on my account is ridiculous in comparison. What is the deal with cancelling your contract, do you just tell them you don’t want to renew and that’s it when the last day comes? Can I transfer my mobile number to a different network and how can I check how much data on average I use? Thank you. L 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Not renewing contract

@LB46  To find out your average data usage you’ll need to speak with customer services.  What’s on your account to upgrade to is just a suggestion you don’t have to go with what offered you can change that to a different device/tariff.  If you want to port your number to a different network you can text PAC to 65075.  If you request you pac code this will need to be used within 30 days or you’ll need to request a new pac code.   Requesting your PAC and using that pac code will terminate your contract with EE.   You give that pac code to the other network and that will port your number to that that network. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@LB46  To find out your average data usage you’ll need to speak with customer services.  What’s on your account to upgrade to is just a suggestion you don’t have to go with what offered you can change that to a different device/tariff.  If you want to port your number to a different network you can text PAC to 65075.  If you request you pac code this will need to be used within 30 days or you’ll need to request a new pac code.   Requesting your PAC and using that pac code will terminate your contract with EE.   You give that pac code to the other network and that will port your number to that that network. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @LB46 

A few questions there!

Firstly, login to your my-EE online account, that lets you view bills & charges and numerous other account-related things.

Secondly your contrct doesn't "end" in the sense it needs to renew, but you have an ongoing rolling contract with a minimum term of 24months. Now you've served your minimum term, you have numerous options open to you, which include upgrading your phone, carrying on as you are, dropping to SIM-only and porting your number to a different provider.

If you've found a phone you'd prefer with another provider, then you are certainly able to port your EE number across to another provider and start with them as a new customer. You may also find that if you price up alternative offers and contact EE, they may be able to offer you a good deal to remain with them. They're unlikely to try to compete with some of the budget providers who don't offer the same service or network, but that's just guessing on my part and not hard or fast advice.

Ultimately you're best off checking your usage by using myEE so you have a good idea what you need, and then price up your best choices of other providers. Then call EE and see what they'll offer you. It may be nothing, it may be something - but you'll only know by trying.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.