Highlighted
by garryd Investigator
Investigator

My wife's (new) account has the wrong number associated, But I cannot delete it

Trying to put credit onto an account I find it has the wrong mobile number associated. Have unchecked the tick on rhs screen and tried to delete it but I get error message saying the page cannot be displayed so "try again later". Well, I've been "trying again later" for three days but it never changes.

I can't find a person to talk to so here I am!

Any suggestions welcome.

BTW my phone is running out of credit and I have no way if upping it.

Garryd

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: My wife's (new) account has the wrong number associated, But I cannot delete

If the wrong no. is the only 1 on the MyEE a/c it can't be deleted by unticking it as there'll be nowt left.

Try adding the new ported-in no 1st & then untick the wrong 1.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
8 REPLIES 8
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: My wife's (new) account has the wrong number associated, But I cannot delete

Hi @garryd 

Welcome to the community. 

Is the number that is allocated an old number? Or has your wife ported a number in from another network?

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

If the wrong no. is the only 1 on the MyEE a/c it can't be deleted by unticking it as there'll be nowt left.

Try adding the new ported-in no 1st & then untick the wrong 1.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by garryd Investigator
Investigator

Hi Christopher_G

I've been investigating further since I posted.

When I ported in from Orange I was sent three SIMS - two were with the new phones I bought, one each for my wife and self. There was a third SIM that I received in the post separately (I don't know why).  It is this SIM that now appears on my wife's account - but it was never mentioned during the porting in process. 

We wanted to use our old numbers and these were stated when we signed up  So I don't know why the third SIM entered into the equation. 

So now I know what it is but I don't know how to get rid of it.

And there doesn't seem to be a number that I can reach EE Accounts to speak to. Hence me being here!

Garryd

by garryd Investigator
Investigator

XRaySpex - thanks for the tip, I'll try it tomorrow (I am just about to sign off...)

Regards

Garryd

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Good luck!

by
EE Community Support Team

Let us know how you get on with @XRaySpeX's suggestion, @garryd

You can find our contact details on the get in touch page.

Chris 🙂

by garryd Investigator
Investigator

Thanks XRaySpeX, I think I've got it sorted. By adding the correct number and confirming, I got a new Account Number with my wife's (correct) number associated. I then tried to delete the offending number but it won't work - I get an error message "What happened? Sorry we were unable to complete your request right now. Please try again later". But I haven't "tried again later". Nevertheless, I now have a new account with the right number and have checked the Top Up, etc, and the phone works.

What do I do with the redundant Account Number if it doesn't go away? Ignore it?

Best regards and thanks again for the help. Garry D

by garryd Investigator
Investigator

Hi Christopher _G, Yes, XrayspeX suggestion worked - see my reply/post.

And thanks for your input, too.

PS, I'm still finding my way around the Forum's website, so there might be lots of spurious bits on messages here and there...😊 😊

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.