cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Moving from EE Business to EE Personal

CalvinRH
Visitor

My business contract comes to an end in three weeks. We are moving one number from the business account to a new personal account. The personal account is up and running and we want to keep the same phone number. However the PAC number provided by EE is only for use when moving away from EE entirely. Any ideas how we resolve this?

Also, when we requested the PAC number we were told that there would be an early cancellation charge on the business account. It is only three weeks until the contract expires and we’re moving within EE so I don’t think an early cancellation charge should be applied. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @CalvinRH,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

It isn't possible to move a number from one active EE contract to another.

To move from business to personal you'll need to get in touch with business support who'll be able to complete an account transfer for you.

Hope this helps.

James

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

EE won't port nos between contracts. So you need to 1st port your existing no to another network's PAYG using a PAC from EE & then in reverse port it back to your new contract. This will also have the effect of cancelling your old contract.

You could alternatively "upgrade" your old contract to PAYG & then ask EE to transfer the no to your new contract.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)