cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

How to Keep my PayM line with a new number, Port my old number to another line

Shinpc
Explorer

Hi, 

Can anyone help? I have a PayM with EE Business (still in contract), want to keep the line with a new number and also port the existing number out to a new line PayG with or without EE.

Is this possible?

3 REPLIES 3
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Evening @Shinpc.

Thanks for coming to the community. 

If you generate a PAC code for your account which is still in contract and provide the PAC to another provider it will cancel your account with EE and you will be charged an early termination fee. 

Even for the number to be transferred to pay as you go with EE this will still cancel the line.

Katie :)​​​​​​​

Thanks for your answer Katie, so there is no way of keeping the old line with a new number and releasing my number?

No, you can't do both! It's one or the other:

1. If you change the line to a new no. (about £36), the old no's gone.
  2. If you move the no. to a new plan, with EE or not, the existing contract & plan's gone.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)