cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to transfer number

McOni3
Visitor

When signing up for a new contract I entered my PAC code and it said I just needed to put the sim into the new phone, however all calls are still going to my old phone and my ee shows a different number

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alex_S
EE Employee

Hi @McOni3,

Welcome to EE and the community 🙂

Are you still only receiving service to your old SIM and number after your number port?

Once your PAC has been given, it will start to complete the following day (as long as the PAC was given before 17:30 on a weekday). On the day of your PAC completing, you may see a split service between your old and new SIM card. 

You calls and texts will complete first and your data will follow. Your number transfer will complete before 12am that day.

If you have an iPhone, don't forget to change your mobile number in Settings - Phone - My Number to receive iMessages on the new SIM and device.

Alex 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The following working day if you submit the PAC before 5.30pm on a working day.

Two working days if your request is made after 5.30pm, or made on a weekend or bank holiday,.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Alex_S
EE Employee

Hi @McOni3,

Welcome to EE and the community 🙂

Are you still only receiving service to your old SIM and number after your number port?

Once your PAC has been given, it will start to complete the following day (as long as the PAC was given before 17:30 on a weekday). On the day of your PAC completing, you may see a split service between your old and new SIM card. 

You calls and texts will complete first and your data will follow. Your number transfer will complete before 12am that day.

If you have an iPhone, don't forget to change your mobile number in Settings - Phone - My Number to receive iMessages on the new SIM and device.

Alex 🙂

I have the same problem. 3 days later and the number hasn’t gone over

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Caron2,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear your number hasn't transferred yet. Please get in touch with Customer Care so we can make sure the process is underway.

Thanks

James

I too am waiting for number (PAC) to transfer.  I thought this was supposed to be quick.  Not impressed and to top this off I received a phone bill from EE.  What is going on you haven’t even transferred my number yet.  Absolute joke!!! 

@Wallace305 : It won't happen today. It's a Bank Holiday. Weds at the earliest.

You've taken a contract with EE. You pay for it monthly in advance. Porting your no. is incidental to it.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)