by zdons007 Investigator
Investigator

How do I "transfer" my number from old EE plan to a new EE plan (bought online)?

I'm going to buy a new phone and new EE plan from an online website/dealer (much cheaper, not an upgrade). How do I "transfer" my current number from old EE plan to the new EE plan?

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How do I "transfer" my number from old EE plan to a new EE plan (b

EE won't port nos from 1 contract to another. You need to do it yourself by porting your existing no. to PAYG on another network using a PAC got from EE & given to other network. Then in reverse port it back to your new EE contract.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by zdons007 Investigator
Investigator

So annoying! There was an easier way in the past.

by Legend
Legend

Hi @zdons007

Not really EE have always had that process.

It sounds like your new tariff is benefiting from new customer discounts via your new supplier hence why they simply haven't upgraded your old number. (I also suspect their commission from EE will be more)

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by zdons007 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you, though I am certain that ~5 years ago I did the same and was able to transfer my number easily to a new contract.

It is really a shame that the biggest mobile company in the UK take it loyal customers for granted and give discount only for new customers rather those who been with it 10+ years.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @zdons007

Welcome to the community and thank you for sticking with EE for such a long time. 🙂

Have you spoken to our upgrades team to see what they can offer for you to upgrade directly?

Chris

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.