by
EE Community Support Team

Re: From EE to EE

Hi @Bruisah,

I can't comment on third party offers, but if you see an offer with EE direct our upgrades team should be able to match it for you.

Thanks

James

by Bruisah Investigator
Investigator

@James_Bwrote:

Hi @Bruisah,

I can't comment on third party offers, but if you see an offer with EE direct our upgrades team should be able to match it for you.

Hi @James_B,

That would be nice. Unfortunately, EE don't offer the handset I am after, so I have no choice but to go to a third party reseller.

All else being equal (including cost!) I'd prefer not to, but...

by

Hi @Bruisah,

I'm sorry we don't currently offer the handset you were looking for.

Have you asked the dealership if they can process an EE upgrade for you?

Thanks

James

by Mark990 Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Just going through the same nonsense now. Existing EE contract coming to an end and the EE upgrades are far more expensive than a new contract with mobiles.co.uk

So taking their advice I've bought an O2 payg sim for 99p but will have to put £10 credit on it then port my existing number to O2 then port back to new EE contract. What a pathetic way to do business and I'd normally leave a company like this but I've been happy with the service and have my broadband and 2 extra sims on this account which all data share so EE know I'm kind of stuck with them for the time being.

Blaming tech issues is rubbish, it is purely to push you into a more expensive upgrade. Period.

I'm not 100% convinced this will go smoothly but i have no choice other than to pay an extra £412 over the 24months to EE for the same phone and airtime.

I know the government are looking to stop companies from penalising loyal and existing customers for insurance and utilities but the phone companies are not breaking any rules yet. However, when thing do change there will be huge compensation claims as the banks found out.

Keep all of your phone contract records and upgrade conversations.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Why are you putting £10 on it? You don't need to. Just contact O2 for a Pac code. You don't need to top up one bit.

It's not nonsense it how every network is.

BrendonH (Android Expert) - Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped you please click on the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
by Mark990 Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I called O2 and was told that I had to put credit on to activate the sim. I told them exactly why and what I was doing.

Getting really miffed with this nonsense and how a loyal customer is treated.

*Plus, just because they all do it doesn't make it right, right?

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Could've got a free SIM and done it that way.

Not really nonsense it how things are.

Loyalty is dead has been for ages.

But EE is a premium network with lots of coverage etc. You pay for that price.

Mobiles.co.uk do upgrades so I'm baffled why you are getting a new line.  I think you are making this issue yourself as there are other ways about this which is free.

Also don't hold your breathe for this supposed compensation. No one is forced to stay or leave. You do this on your own accord.

by Mark990 Contributor
Contributor

Jeez,

I wish I was as perfect as you.

Not making an issue for myself, just trying to get a decent deal that EE won't offer.

by Mark990 Contributor
Contributor

Just an update for anyone else having to do this.

All completed on Thursday and the nice man at O2 has credited my £10 top up that I was told to put on the temporary number. He also mentioned that they would have treated this as an upgrade rather than risking the loss of a customer.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mark990  Then why didn’t up upgrade with mobile.co.uk instead of taking out a new contract.  An upgrade keeps your number on the same account a new contract creates a new EE account and that’s the issue you have created.  You can not port/migrate a number from one account to another account so has to be ported out then back in.   And o2 are exactly the same.    If you want the best deal sometimes you have to go about it the way you have done and that  means porting out then back in.    

by Mark990 Contributor
Contributor

Would have been nice and convenient but I was told it wasn't possible to get the same deal as the new contract. Some people don't mind paying the extra but £412 is a bit rich.

I basically earned +£680 before tax by doing it this way.

by Bruisah Investigator
Investigator

I totally sympathise with Mark.

It's pretty clear that the MNOs advertise tantalising offers to entice *new* customers, but are not so keen to include existing customers with the same offers (hence this rediculous New Contract versus Upgrade battle).

I've worked in the mobile network area all of my professional life, and there are absolutely *zero* technical reasons to justify the necessity to port out/port in in order to get these 'New Contract Only' deals.

Just because this behviour is the status quo does not make it right.

You'd think that MNO sensitivity to churn would make them keener to reward loyalty, but it seems that the business approach to churn is more focussed on acquisition rather than retention.

My tuppence.

Highlighted
by JemmaJB Investigator
Investigator

But when a pay monthly contract is cancelled that sim card then becomes a pay as you go sim card.

Therefore i should have been able to move phone number from that one to my new pay monthly contract but i havent been able to.

i've had to do this stupid procedure of porting it to a different network which i am now having trouble getting it back from them to you!!

Not customer friendly at all!!

i had no issues with this 2 years ago and now ive never had so much trouble its actually causing my anxiety to flare up!!

This is the effect you are having on customers and you have no willingness to help!

i've also been told you do have the functionality to swap numbers you basically choose not to unless in extreme circumstances! sounds more like you cant be bothered!!

How the FCA hasnt been at your door about not treating customers fairly i do not know!! 

Utterly disgusted with your service.

by Mark990 Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jemma

As you have no doubt read on this and other threads it's all to do with wanting new customers and hoping that existing customers will fold and give in to being ripped off. As one of the experts on here wrote "Loyalty is dead" and "you don't have to stay"

Unfortunately thats how we are viewed by some.

I'm sure you have your reasons for staying as I did although these were overlooked by the non helpful posters on here.

Good luck.

by

Hi @JemmaJB,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Did you ask for your number to be moved to pay as you go when you cancelled your contract?

If you did, our customer service team will be able to move it to your new contract for you.

If that's not the case, have you spoken to the retailer to see why they gave you a new number, rather than upgrading your existing contract/number?

If you ordered online, it may not be too late to cancel the new contract so you can upgrade with your existing number.

Thanks

James

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

It's the same in every network

You can't port a number from the same network thia isn't just EE

by JemmaJB Investigator
Investigator

Yes i did ask and the EE customer service employee i spoke to denied this!

We even cancelled the contract with him and i queried whether that one could now became a pay as you go to enable us to move the number onto the new contract and he said no!!

And now you're telling me that he was wrong and i could have moved the number over???

The reason its not an upgrade is because its my partners phone and he's now on my contract as a family one so that i can transfer him data as per your adverts!

And even then he currently has a phone he cant make use of even though the contract has started as its under the wrong phone number still.

by

Hi @JemmaJB,

Our customer service team can transfer your partner's phone and plan over to your account without the need to start a new contract. They'd just need to speak to your partner for authorisation.

If you are able to cancel your new contract, your partner could upgrade and then switch it over to your account to benefit from Data Gifting.

Hope this helps.

James

by JemmaJB Investigator
Investigator

We were not aware that that could be done. 
Also a bit late to cancel the plan now, as mentioned before the number we want on the new contract has been ported over to a different network SIM card and we're in the process of trying to bring it back over to EE but they won't do it and are saying it'll take 30 days! 
EE Need to look into their process of doing this as it's not as straight forward as you make it out to be.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.