by Gazasphone Investigator
Investigator

Can I transfer my number from one existing contract to another diff networks?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: Can I transfer my number from one existing contract to another diff networks

@Gazasphone if you port your number to another network while still in commitment termination charges will be added to your final bill.

9 REPLIES 9
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Can I transfer my number from one existing contract to another diff networks

Hi @Gazasphone 

Welcome to the Community,

if you give customer services a call on 150 they will be able provide you with the code required to move your number.

once EE give you your port authorisation code (PAC Code) you need to provide it to your new network within 30 days otherwise the code will expire and your account will remain open.

if you give it to your new network by 5:30 Monday to Thursday it will be moved the following working day.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Gazasphone

Yes call EE and ask for your pac code, then give this to your new carrier.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

Thanks for the reply. As the contract i am taking the number from is still ongoing will they allocate it a new number to be used with the contract to until it expires?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Gazasphone

No you will need to pay it off. 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

@Gazasphone if you port your number to another network while still in commitment termination charges will be added to your final bill.

Investigator

Even though I do not want to close the account just to move the number and obtain another random number for it

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You just can't! Once you port your number away from a contract you kill the contract and will have to pay what's left owing on the contract.

You can't even port another number INTO your contract thinking you'll be releasing the existing number. Once you port a number into a contract you kill the existing number to be quarantined. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Even though I do not want to close the account and pay for it until it finishes. I just want to move the number and obtain another random number for it

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Gazasphone

Thanks for posting on the community. 

If you want to port your number to another network you would either need to be out of contract or pay an early cancellation fee.

We are unable to allocate another number to your contract and give you a PAC code.

If you do wish to get your PAC code give us a call on 150 and our cancellation team will let you know of any charges.

Thanks, Leanne.  

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.