by Sarah_865 Investigator
Investigator

why have I run out of storage

I have a 32gb phone, it is telling me that I am out of storage. but all of my pics, apps etc don't add up to anywhere near the 32 limit. what's going on?

also I run out of data all of the time so with the add ons it gets quite expensive, I went in the shop today and they have persuaded me to take a tablet at and extra cost per month but I can gift the data, should I have just increased my plan rather than being stuck in another 24 month contract?? so confused!!

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: why have I run out of storage

Did you set out to buy a tablet? Why buy 1?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

no I set out to find out where all my storage had gone! 

and it was hot and I had 2 young kids with me and I'm a bit of an idiot!!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Doesn't your phone's Settings tell you what's using your storage & how much they add up to?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

yes and it doesn't add up to 32gb, the girl in the shop just said thats how it is and the phone will use storage in a day to day basis

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What does it add up to? Have you allowed for the Operating System? That'll take at least 8 GB.

Investigator

it adds up to around 14, so is operating system is 8, I'm still missing around 10gb

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, @Sarah_865

What phone do you own? 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

s7 edge

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Sarah_865

Have you installed a memory card? If not I would but one, then by default any photos will save to it. You can also move any music/videos.

Now go into settings - device maintenance and run it. This will clear out any junk and free up some space. You can also click on storage and it will tell you what is is taking up the storage in your phone. You should also try backing up online to your Google or Samsung account.

If you use WhatsApp then in gallery you can delete any stored videos. They will still be in the thread conversation, you just need to download them again. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Employee

Hi @Sarah_865 and welcome to the community.

Has the information provided to you above from @Northerner helped at all?

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.