by Marc74 Investigator
Investigator

upgrade

so im in the upgrade period and contract ends on - 27/05/2019

the deals from EE are not great so will buy via a 3rd party and then bring my number over, again on EE

when do i go order my new phone? near the end of next month?

do i have to port my number to another company and then port back to EE with new phones?

please advise as im very keen for a new phone

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: upgrade

@Marc74  If your upgrading with the 3rd party your number will remain with you but if your taking out a new contract you’ll need to port your number to a different network then port it back.  If you do this you’ll also need to pay off your current contract as you’ll not be upgrading with the 3rd party so you’ll not be able to pier your number to until you pay off the contract. 

by Marc74 Investigator
Investigator

so effectively the best time to do this will be a week or so before contract ends and then start the new contract and quickly port over?

no point in upgrading as the deals are always terrible

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You need to give EE 30 days notice to terminate your existing contract. Best to do this 30 days before end of contract term, on 27 April, & ask for PAC at same time. Take out a PAYG with another network & give PAC to them anytime within 26 days, so that no. is ready to be ported back to your new EE contract. Then you can take out new contract via 3rd-party towards the end of the 30 days & port your no. back to it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Marc74 is there a particular phone that you want?

Have you considered going SIM only on your current EE contract and buying an unlocked phone from elsewhere to use with it?

by Marc74 Investigator
Investigator

phones cost about £1000

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Marc74 there are some very good mid range phones about these days. There are even some pretty good ones below £300 if you explore. Look outside of the usual brand names...

by Marc74 Investigator
Investigator

ty

how q

by Marc74 Investigator
Investigator

ty

how quickly can i port to a payasgo and then port back to new contract?

wondering what down time to my number i will have.... unless the payg works in old phone ok

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.