Highlighted
by KJDonnelly1 Investigator
Investigator

refused phone upgrade

After paying 40 amonth for a dumb phone, you go into a EE OUTLET to upgrade to smart phone, you get refused for a phone  less amount 38 per month. Customers deserve better, after being a customer for many years

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: refused phone upgrade

Hi there @KJDonnelly1

Thanks for coming to the community.

Are you now eligible for an upgrade?

You can check this by texting UP to 150.

Did the store explain why this was possible?

Leanne.

10 REPLIES 10
Investigator

No, just uk calls. Top-up 20POUND a time x2 per month on orange sim

Keith j donnelly
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@KJDonnelly1 have you tried seeking the upgrade by phone call or via your internet MyEE account instead? If you don't have a MyEE account you can create one online. If you try upgrading by phone on 150 then ensure that you know what phone and tariff you want first before calling. A lot of people find by phone call or online purchasing a better experience.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@KJDonnelly1 what "dumb" phone and plan are you paying £40 a month for? Are you sure you want a smart phone or would you like to have a new "dumb" phone? I've got a smart one but if I did have a so called dumb one I'd go for a Nokia 230 or 216 - both lovely looking phones with great battery life. Or there is the Nokia 150. Amazon sells these phones unlocked. Not sure if EE does sell these. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @KJDonnelly1 

There is no account access on these forums so nobody knows your circumstances. 

You can upgrade via third party suppliers such as Carphone Warehouse, which might be better than direct with EE.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Hi there @KJDonnelly1

Thanks for coming to the community.

Are you now eligible for an upgrade?

You can check this by texting UP to 150.

Did the store explain why this was possible?

Leanne.

Investigator

HAVE been using NOKIA with no internet, only calls and text, which cost me 40pounds a month. Tried to get HEIWEI P30, but shop refused. They mentioned credit score, but just went on A WELL known one, and scored 999. Even said i would buy it. This outlet is Liscard, MERSEYSIDE A ee shop

Investigator

Way can you not just go in and get a better phone if you want one. My present is payg with no internet, just calls and texts. which cost me 40pound a month. I EVEN ASKED to buy one HEIWEA P30 BUT THEY STILL SAID NO

Investigator

i went to EE AS I needed the same number for my business. 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@KJDonnelly1 is your contract completed? If so then what is making your monthly fee £40? That is very high for calls and texts services only. You could be paying half that or even less for making calls and texts only on a phone. Are use paying for and making international calls and texts?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@KJDonnelly1 do you want to stick with a "dumb" phone or have a smart one? Dont go for a smart one if you don't need one, won't use it, or if you won't be comfortable with one. 

But whatever you decide, don't continue to pay your old contract rate after its completed unless it's already at a fair price to continue it.

You can go SIM only with the phone you have. You can buy a new phone and go SIM only with it. You can start a new contract and pay for phone and services. But whenever any contract nears completion make sure you review things.  

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.