by barbaraboss Investigator
Investigator

my phone is on contract under my ex partners name . This is due to end on 2/4/2

my ex partner has req to end the contract on my phone which is due on 2/5 and asked for it to be put on payg .. the problem is he has cancelled his own contract by going onto another company .. i have paid him for my last bill but have found he has not paid his or my last bill .. this months bill was due 10/4 which i still have the money to pay my half but don’t want to give him as i suspect he won’t pay .. what can i do as im worried my phone gets cut off before the end of my contract ends on 2/5.. is it possible for me to

pay for my own bill for this month and because he still owes my money from last bill will this still

cause me problems with this phone ?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: my phone is on contract under my ex partners name . This is due to end on 2/

@barbaraboss   The account holder has to speak with EE to get your device on your own account and you will have to pass EEs credit check.   If he isn’t willing do this this is his account that’s unpaid. So this will not effect you.  You are free to get another account in your name but you’ll have a new number unless he requested to have your device moved to your own account.   Even if you pay your bill the whole account still needs to be paid.  

4 REPLIES 4
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: my phone is on contract under my ex partners name . This is due to end on 2/

If it's under his name it will damage his credit record and nor yours. 

But yes if last month's hasn t been paid it will cause issues.

You can sign into MyEE and make a payment if you wish.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by barbaraboss Investigator
Investigator

as the bill comes as one bill would me paying my half show which phone has been paid ? .,and he still owes my half from last month which i prob wont get back now ..is there anything i can do to get my phone dissasociated from my ex after the 2/5 when the contract ends? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@barbaraboss   The account holder has to speak with EE to get your device on your own account and you will have to pass EEs credit check.   If he isn’t willing do this this is his account that’s unpaid. So this will not effect you.  You are free to get another account in your name but you’ll have a new number unless he requested to have your device moved to your own account.   Even if you pay your bill the whole account still needs to be paid.  

by
EE Employee

Hi @barbaraboss and welcome to the community.

Please see the brilliant advice given above in regards to transferring the number from the original account holder into your name.

Just bear in mind you both have to be there to do this.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions