by dianeduguid

my 24 month contract ended in July why are do you then still continue to pay

my 24 month contract ended in July and i spoke to EE operators about upgrade however no one advised me that i would still have to pay the same monhtly amount until i raised this however over the 24 months the monthly payments cover the cost of the phone however you should advise customers of other options i.e sim only contracts until you deside if you want an upgrade.  i am concerned having been a loyal customer for such a long time i feel that i have been treated badly i paid the full amount in August and September which i feel i should have not paid this amount of money.  it is the operators responsiblity to inform you of all your options not just about upgrades.  i do believe that i should be compensated as if your operators had infomred me i would have opted for a SIM only contract from August

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: my 24 month contract ended in July why are do you then still continue to pay

@dianeduguid: Mobile phone contracts don't just end. It's just that their min. time expires. Thereafter you are on a rolling month basis.

You agreed the T&Cs. It was also up to you to have read & understood them.

EE monthly fees are not separated into the phone costs & the plan costs. It is up to you to decide whether want to continue on them or find a cheaper way.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Re: my 24 month contract ended in July why are do you then still continue to pay

Hi @dianeduguid and welcome to the community.

I understand your frustration with your issue, any upgrades would have to be requested by yourself.

If you are not happy at how this has been handled please do see our guide on ways to complain.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.