by Celiaolsen Investigator
Investigator

moving abroad, but have 12 months on my contract

Hi everyone!

I am moving abroad soon. however, I got a phone contract with EE for 24 months, however, I only got 12 months lef.t What do I do if I want to end it? and what happens?

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: moving abroad, but have 12 months on my contract

You need to give EE 30 days notice to terminate your contract. You will be liable for early termination fees. Cost of cancelling or upgrading early will be Monthly Fee x Months Remaining, pro-rata to the nearest whole day, of contract term - 20%.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @Celiaolsen

I can see @XRaySpeX has perfectly answered your question.

If you have any further questions please be sure to let us know. 

Good luck for your move,

Katie 🙂

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Celiaolsen if you are moving to another EU or EEA country then you can continue to use your phone contract there as normal for two months once you arrive. But make sure you set Roaming and international Calling both to On in your My EE Settings. 

Oh, and you'll probably want to have your phone unlocked before you go abroad, too. You can do that online or by calling 150.

And yes of course an early termination of contact penalty will still apply as already mentioned prior to my reply.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed : OP may use her phone there indefinately. The 2 months does not come into it as she wants to cancel her EE contract as expressed in OP.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@XRaySpeX I meant that if @Celiaolsen is moving abroad to anther EU or EEA country then two further months use of the contract could be used there. That would give OP two months more of service. Hence, OP could terminate the contract later. Isn't that so? But I don't know where OP is moving to. Hence, the caveat.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.