by rose2
Explorer

is there a person at ee who can cancel my contract? help

I want to cancel my contract with EE orange. I signed a contract to years ago thinking tht i could use it in Malawi. I actually asked for roaming services. Needless to say there was no service in Malawi. after a while i put in an airtel sim card which is what i have been using for the past two years. the contract ended in May but am still being billed. Now i would like to cancel over the phone- am told this number is not on their list. sim card is misplaced so no messages can get to me. Please help!

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: is there a person at ee who can cancel my contract? help

@rose2  You have to call customer services to do this.   And you need to tell them the original phone number of the account if your calling from the other SIM card as EE customer service will see the number of the SIM card your calling from and so that number will not be recognised by EE. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @rose2

Sorry to hear you’re thinking of leaving.

Here are the five most important things you need to know from our Cancelling a contract after 14 days help and support pages.

• there's no automatic termination of a contract at the end of your minimum term - so if you don’t get in touch with us, your contract will continue to run
  • you’ll need to give us 30 days' notice, even if you’ve reached the minimum term of the contract. You will be charged until the end of your minimum term or the end of 30 days' notice, whichever is the later date
  • if you only want to pay up to the end of your minimum term, you must make sure you call in at least 30 days in advance to give notice. However, there is a limit to how far into the future we can pre-date cancellations
  • if you haven’t reached the end of your minimum contract term you may be charged an Early Termination Charge on top of the Notice Period Charge. The total amount charged will always be for 30 days from the date of your request to cancel and will show on your bill as Remaining Contract Charge
  • if you want to keep your number with your new provider, you’ll need a PAC code. It’s valid for 30 days and if you don’t use it, your contract will continue to run

Once your cancellation request has been logged in our system, you’ll receive a text message with your account closure details and terms and conditions. If you're taking your number to your new provider, the text message will also have PAC code and expiry details.

Please contact customer services to discuss your options.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

by rose2
Explorer

thanks am a little wiser now. Customer services at EE orange say they are looking into my cancellation. Am also going to the shop in North Finchley that had arranged my contract as i want to keep the number on pay as you go.

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for letting me know @rose2

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions