by peaccc Investigator
Investigator

how does upgrading work as far as payments go?

just need to clear something up..

lets say your contact is up & you can upgrade, and you choose to upgrade half way through the month, do you pay part of your bill (for what you have used so far) and then your new contract comes into effect, or do you just pay the same for that month, and then the next month is your new price? can't find the answer anywhere.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: how does upgrading work as far as payments go?

Yes, for the month of the upgrade you'll be owing an extra £3, since you've already paid £40 in advance & the new contract, being £6 pm dearer, is an extra £3 for the last half of the month.

What will happen is the following month you will be billed:

• £46 for the new contract
  • + the £3 owing from last month  
  • = £49 Total

and the following month after that it will just £46 for the new contract.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

You pay pro-rata for each contract. The 1st part of the month for the old contract & rate up till it switches & the rest of the month on the new contract & rate.

Don't forget you are always paying a month in advance. So the bill may look complicated as you'll get a rebate for the old contract which will go towards this month's part of the new contract, but it should be correct.

Your billing date won't change even when you upgrade part way thro' the month.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by peaccc Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the response

honestly i still don't get it haha i'm half way through the month and my old contract was £40 and new one is £46, so will i pay half of one bill and half of the other?

edit: hang on i think i get what you're saying, so i'll pay for what i've used so far & then the first payment of my new contract will be less due to the fact the old contract is paid in advance and whats left over will be deducted from my new price for the first month only?

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Yes, for the month of the upgrade you'll be owing an extra £3, since you've already paid £40 in advance & the new contract, being £6 pm dearer, is an extra £3 for the last half of the month.

What will happen is the following month you will be billed:

• £46 for the new contract
  • + the £3 owing from last month  
  • = £49 Total

and the following month after that it will just £46 for the new contract.

by peaccc Investigator
Investigator

champion, thanks a lot 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You're welcome! Glad I could be of assistance.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.