by Abbas78614 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

how do i buy a contact when i don't work but have enough money?

HI

i am trying to purchase a monthly contract on an iPhone but when i get to check out they ask me for my employment status but i dont work.However i have money in my account.

How can i overcome this problem?

Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: how do i buy a contact when i don't work but have enough money?

I think your credit score/history would be the thing that may or may not allow you a contract.

EE do perform a credit check when you apply for either a sim only pay monthly contract, or a pay monthly contract that comes with a phone.

I can't see why been unemployed would stop you from getting a contract, providing you have a good credit history/credit score.

If you can't complete the checking out process, then I would give customer service a call and see if they can help you further.

Customer service numbers:

The local rate landline number is 020 7362 0200 or call for free on 0800 079 8586.

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Go on PAYG.

Do you have any credit cards or other loans? If not, get some & build up a good credit record.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Valued Contributor

Hi

I have a good credit record and pay for all my things on time but i dont work and there isnt an option to pick that says unemployed.

Thanks

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

I think your credit score/history would be the thing that may or may not allow you a contract.

EE do perform a credit check when you apply for either a sim only pay monthly contract, or a pay monthly contract that comes with a phone.

I can't see why been unemployed would stop you from getting a contract, providing you have a good credit history/credit score.

If you can't complete the checking out process, then I would give customer service a call and see if they can help you further.

Customer service numbers:

The local rate landline number is 020 7362 0200 or call for free on 0800 079 8586.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Abbas78614 wrote:

Hi

I have a good credit record and pay for all my things on time but i dont work and there isnt an option to pick that says unemployed.

Thanks

In that case, I cannot see why you wouldnt be accepted. All potential credit givers are interested in, is your credit score/credit history.

I would recommend giving customer service a call though, on the numbers I provided earlier.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Abbas78614

You are probably better off going into store to discuss your situation face to face with someone rather than using the automated system if this is your first EE contract. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Valued Contributor

Hi 

i have technically retired since i used to work and i have the money in my account.

The person is in their 50's so shall i just put retired down and the date they stopped working?

Thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, just put Retired, as that is what you are. I've never known a Retired status ask you when you stopped working.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Abbas78614

Thank you for joining EE community 🙂

I hope all the help and advice shared here helps you.

Good luck with you contract application.

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.