by Extratall1 Investigator
Investigator

hi ive just received new phone but received a bill dated 2 days ago how come

hi ive just taken out a new contract received phone today but also a bill dated 2 days ago how come

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: hi ive just received new phone but received a bill dated 2 days ago how come

Your phone tariff is activated on despatch. As it was despatched over weekend it took a little longer to get to you 

This is why you look like you been billed 2 days before. If ordered during week you would have received the phone before the bill was produced.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10 Beta)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: hi ive just received new phone but received a bill dated 2 days ago how come

Hi, 

Please see EE billing guide which explains about your first bill. 

What to expect when you join EE

You’ll get your first EE bill in the post around seven days after you join EE. Log in to My EE to see this online.

You first EE bill will cover the cost of your plan and any services you may use such as:

• your monthly plan charge – the cost of your plan. This is charged one month in advance from the date you joined EE 
  • add-ons - such as international minutes or picture messages if you choose to add them
  • device charges  - if you need to pay an amount towards your device, or a delivery charge

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

ok i see, but how can i be charged before i even have phone

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Extratall1

Is it the cost of the phone you were charged?

TBH if you want to know for sure then you are best off calling EE CS on 150.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Extratall1

Welcome to the community.

If you give us a call on 150 we will be able to check this for you.

Thanks, Leanne.

Investigator

sorryi dont think i was clear. the bill was for my 1st month line rental in advance dated 2 days before i received phone.i ordered phone last thursday and bill is dated sunday i received phone on tuesday.i cannot ring yet as phone is xmas pressy

Investigator

i just thought someone might know ,but not to worry ill ring after xmas

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Your phone tariff is activated on despatch. As it was despatched over weekend it took a little longer to get to you 

This is why you look like you been billed 2 days before. If ordered during week you would have received the phone before the bill was produced.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10 Beta)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Investigator

thanks Brendon h thats that sorted

by
EE Community Support Team

Glad you got this sorted @Extratall1

Have a great day 🙂

Investigator

thanks leanne t

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions