by Jamie19901
Explorer

credit rating for contracts

Hi

I have been into an ee store today, I got told about a contract that was £21 for 20GB (sim only) but I could have £4 taken off for being with being using EE/t mobile for years, so it would be £17 a month.

the guy was going through everything, and he said that I could not have the offer due to the credit check not allowing it, and he said that the credit check came back low or something and that the best offer he could offer me on contract was a 5GB offer for £19 per month (after £4 discount). And see if my credit rating goes up to have an offer with more GB.

I decided to say that I will think about it, but while I have a pay and go sim card with EE with 7GB of data for £15 per month, but the GB will drop after first 6 months which was why I was looking into a contract.

First off I am not sure why you limit the contract dependant on GB, when you can get higher GB that cost less but get refused

I decided to look at Experian, to find out my credit score entered all of my details and it has given me a Experian credit score of 897 which I think it classes as good.

I am just wondering how high my credit score has to be to be able to get the 20GB offer?

Or is it a case that I need to go on a contract that has 5GB or less data, before I can get more than that?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Jamie19901
Explorer
Solution

Re: credit rating for contracts

Thanks for the advice

I gave them a call, and asked, the person that I spoke to after putting my credit rating said a similar thing to the guy in the store about the 20GB offer, and said that she could offer me 13GB for £23 instead (an extra 8GB on top of the normal 5GB due to calling up) and 1 month free. I decided to go for it after she said that doing 2 checks on my credit score would of affected it (1 in store, 1 over phone) so that I would not be able to go elsewhere for offers, so I decided to go for it (never knew due to never being on a mobile contract)

While she was trying to set it up the system froze and she had to redo it, and the 20GB for £17 was available for me with 1 month free, after that so I accepted that offer over the more expensive option.

So while it makes no sense, EE sometimes go of GB rather than cost when it comes to people getting their first sim only mobile contract, I think I was lucky to get the offer that I wanted.

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jamie19901  The GB on the tariff has nothing to do with your credit rating at all.    And if you can get a sim only tariff for £19 after a loyalty discount I don’t think a £17 tariff is going to go against you.    In fact that makes no sense what’s so ever.    Give customer services a call and see what they can offer you.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

EE don't need to give you reasons why you fail a credit check nor what deals they can offer based on it. There are other CRAs. EE may be using another 1.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jamie19901,

Welcome to the EE Community.

That's good advice from @Chris_B, please get in touch and a member of the team will be happy to take a look at this for you.

Thanks

James

by Jamie19901
Explorer
Solution

Thanks for the advice

I gave them a call, and asked, the person that I spoke to after putting my credit rating said a similar thing to the guy in the store about the 20GB offer, and said that she could offer me 13GB for £23 instead (an extra 8GB on top of the normal 5GB due to calling up) and 1 month free. I decided to go for it after she said that doing 2 checks on my credit score would of affected it (1 in store, 1 over phone) so that I would not be able to go elsewhere for offers, so I decided to go for it (never knew due to never being on a mobile contract)

While she was trying to set it up the system froze and she had to redo it, and the 20GB for £17 was available for me with 1 month free, after that so I accepted that offer over the more expensive option.

So while it makes no sense, EE sometimes go of GB rather than cost when it comes to people getting their first sim only mobile contract, I think I was lucky to get the offer that I wanted.

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for sharing the good news with us @Jamie19901

Come and see us in community anytime.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.