by LowriHughes Contributor
Contributor

contract ending

my contract ends in August and I might be changing to a different network so I'm wondering what will happen to the contract I have now if I don't do anything? I'm planning on getting a new contract on the different network in July so will pay off the remaining contract with EE until August but not sure what happens after that. will I have to do anything to make sure I don't keep paying a monthly amount on the EE contract? the monthly payments for a phone contract I had a few years ago with EE kept going each month even after the contract had finished and this went on for about a year or so. but this time I might be changing networks so will I need to do anything with EE to make sure monthly costs end completely?

thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: contract ending

Hi, 

All that ends in August is your minimum contract term your contract continues yes on month per month basis. 

If you want to leave you need to speak to CS and give 30 days notice. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@LowriHughes   You have to give notice to end your contract as you have only reached the minimum term after this it changes to a 30 day rolling contract.   If you wish to take your number to another network you will have to pay the whole of the remaining term in full as taking your number closes the account.   If your going to paying the contract to the end you have to call and give 30 days notice to close the account 30/35 days before the minimum term.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @LowriHughes,

Welcome back to the EE Community.

Have you spoken to customer services about your upgrade options?

Thanks

James

by LowriHughes Contributor
Contributor

hey James,

i know I can get an upgrade now but am waiting a few more weeks, only thinking of chagining networks because I'm not finding low prices with EE😔

havent spoken to anyone about options but know I can get an upgrade now

thanks,

Lowri

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @LowriHughes,

It's definitely worth speaking to the upgrades team before you make a decision.

Thanks Smiley Happy

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.