by mlpets Investigator
Investigator

charged after contract ended

wonder if anyone can help i had a 24 month contract which was cancelled and sim was disabled as should be so thought that was that but got a bill saying i owed 6 months payments ??? when told them contract was cancelled and sim was disabled by orange was told there mistake very sorry yet today been taken to county court for £338 got proof all payments made for 24 month contract also sim been turned off should show i have nothing to pay yet taken to court rang orange/ee said out of there hands 

sorry for any miss spelling but not good at reading or righting 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: charged after contract ended

Hi @mlpets,

Any request to cancel your contract should be clearly noted on your EE account.

Please get in touch with customer services so we can take another look at your account.

Thanks

James

7 REPLIES 7
by

Hello there @mlpets

Thank you for coming to the community.

How long ago did you speak to our customer service team who advised this was a mistake?

Have you had any letters about the payment after the call you originally made?

Speak soon 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@mlpets wrote:

i had a 24 month contract which was cancelled

By whom? Did you give 30 days notice to EE to terminate it. If not, it would just roll on on a monthly notice basis.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by mlpets Investigator
Investigator

yes to orange/ee thats why sim stoped working end of contract yet been taken to court for 6 months extra 

by mlpets Investigator
Investigator

@Leanne_T wrote:

Hello there @mlpets

Thank you for coming to the community.

How long ago did you speak to our customer service team who advised this was a mistake?

Have you had any letters about the payment after the call you originally made?

Speak soon 🙂

yes had a letter from ee saying not paid when i told them contract up when looked into it said yes sorry down to ee was very sorry then a firm called lowells debt firm sent me a letter so tryed ringing ee but said they sold the debt to lowells when i said what debt i have proof all contract paid up also its proof itself that cancelled are sim would not have been stopped ?? 30 days after i cancelled if i go on my credit file shows up all payments made then for 6 months after says late payment yet sim card was disabled after my 24th month which if honest bit of a joke i get county court judgment and £338.38 debt for someone else not doing job right

by
Solution

Hi @mlpets,

Any request to cancel your contract should be clearly noted on your EE account.

Please get in touch with customer services so we can take another look at your account.

Thanks

James

by mlpets Investigator
Investigator

agree yes it should but also must have been cancelled to stop sim working yet get a bill for 6 months after that how can that be right customer services wont help say cos i dont know my old number and because been passed on to lowels not in there hand its shocking just feel ripped off like i say how many more people are ee doing this too

by

Hi @mlpets,

Could the SIM have been disconnected due to non payment rather than as a result of your disconnection request?

Customer services will be able to confirm this for you.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions