by DJchrisJ
Visitor

cancelling a contract from abroad

Hi, I've got a contract that i'm wanting to cancel but I'm now living outside of the UK and I Can't seem to find a way to cancel online - only by phone, how can I do this online or by email? Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: cancelling a contract from abroad

Good morning @DJchrisJ

Thank you for coming to community 🙂

I can see @Chris_B has given you some great support already with this.

For all of our cancellation information, please see the Cancelling a contract after 14 days help and support pages.

Let me know if the information helps.

Thanks

Richard

🙂 

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@DJchrisJ  If your still within your contract term you have to call customer services to do this as you will have to be told the final settlement fee.   If your outside of your contract term you can write to give your 30 day notice 

by
Solution

Good morning @DJchrisJ

Thank you for coming to community 🙂

I can see @Chris_B has given you some great support already with this.

For all of our cancellation information, please see the Cancelling a contract after 14 days help and support pages.

Let me know if the information helps.

Thanks

Richard

🙂 

by Griffiner Investigator
Investigator

Hi. Just a few points. We took out 3 numbers - Data for ipad,  a simple phone on PAYG and a mobile Sim for the dual sim Moto G while in UK and Europe for 60 days - now back in Australia we need to cancel.

I tried all the customer service #s ....... 6150, .......6250,  0450,  etc from our Sydney Optus landline and unable to connect. Also tried from the EE phone sims on roaming and same result or the number entered was incorrect. Also tried an 00 44 800 079 8100 on an EE sim (came from a text EE sent weeks ago) and got through, but out of hours. Also the iPad data sim has no way of calling, texting and the app isn't much help + we don't do twitter, facebook etc for privacy reasons.

EE really needs to make it easier for all types of Sims to get cancelled. I went to 'help' but the email form only covers broadband customers and requires a UK postcode, I used a relative's postcode to beat the system and asked that the message gets passed on to the mobile section - relying on someone's goodwill. An Email option for overseas temporary customers with phone or data sims please. Hours spent searching, trying options and calling.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Griffiner You don’t need to cancel pay as you go/prepay SIMs.  You just don’t top them up any more and after 6 months of no usage, the SIMs will be deactivated automatically.

It’s only pay monthly contract plans that you need to phone EE to cancel.  As you are not a UK resident, you wouldn’t have been able to buy a pay monthly plan (or at least you shouldn’t have been able to) as all pay monthly plans require a U.K. credit check which you would fail; not being a U.K. resident.

If you do need to ring EE though, the number is 150 from an EE handset or +44 800 956 6000 which is a U.K. free phone number from any other line.  Skype is the easiest option as all international freephone numbers are always free using Skype.  EE customer service is closed now and opens tomorrow again at 08:00 UK time.

Investigator

Gooday jmitchel and thanks for the info. I just found the top up cards that came with the sims we got (15 GBP MTV trax sims x 2 + 1 alcatel onetouch phone +sim) have all got PAYG 'no contract' on them so looks like we don't need to worry. We did get a few messages about automatic top ups from our debit card (on 23 10 2017) of 15 GBP for the iPad and Moto G  which made me think I had to do something fast. The alcatel + sim seemed to top up a bit differently i.e. manually. Thanks again - Amazingly swift and helpful answers.

by

Great answers @Profile closed

Hope that gives you everything you need @DJchrisJ

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Investigator

Hi Richard_C.

Something for the record and other visitors to this thread.

The +44 800 956 6000 comes up now as 'disconnected', but a message from EE to the Moto G during the holiday gave a +44 20 73 62 02 00 which connects either from the mobile or from our Oz landline during UK office hours up to 8.00am - 9.00 pm weekdays and 8.00am - 8.00 pm Sat/Sun.

The 00 11 44 79 53 96 62 50 seems to connect to the same recording from the mobile on an OZ mobile Sim but from the OZ landline - it gets 'sorry your call cannot be completed'.

You may want to elaborate so it is all crystal clear for anyone out there.

P.S. I have not tried Skype yet to check.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.