by keeleyr2000
Explorer

can i take out an ee contract at 17?

my dad currently pays for my contract, however it ends in a few weeks, i was wondering if i could take my next contract out in my own name or do i have to be 18? also if i cant take it out in my name, if my dad puts it in his name for me, would i still be able to use the student discount on the contract?

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: can i take out an ee contract at 17?

No, you need to be 18. It's a credit agreement & you can't take those out until 18.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: can i take out an ee contract at 17?

Hi @keeleyr2000

Thanks for coming to community to see us 🙂

@XRaySpeX is right and you do need to be 18 before you can take out a credit agreement.

The contract won't just end so don't worry it will continue to roll on until you tell us you no longer want it.

However when your 18th comes if you wan't to apply for a new pay monthly account with us you can, or you can try to transfer the number over to a new account, whichever is easiest for you (both subject to credit checks).

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions