by Dufto8271
Visitor

Wrong phone with upgrade

HI

I recently upgraded with my local Dixons Carphone store, I went for the Galaxy S8+ from my I Phone 6+, as I had heard such good things.

I cannot get my head around the Galaxy and was hoping to swop it for the I Phone 7+

The store I purchased it from said I could not return my phone But I want to upgrade but to another I phone and not the Galaxy?

Is this possible, If so how do I go about organising a swop?

3 REPLIES 3
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Wrong phone with upgrade

Sorry but this isn't possible.  Unfortunately, because you upgraded in a physical retail store, you get no cooling off period / change of mind policy.

It's only purchases / upgrades that are either done online or over the phone that always come with a 14 day cooling off period.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Dufto8271   The device didn't come from EE but the CPW so EE will not swap it, and EE don't swap devices if you get it from them anyway.  If you had got it online or via a phone sale you would of had a 14 day cooling of period. Store sales don't get this. 

if you wish to swap it you'll need to pay off your contract in full minus VAT at 16.7% and then take out a new contract with the device you want.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Dufto8271

Thanks for coming here.

The information provided is correct we are not able to swap devices.

I am sorry this would not be possible if Carphone Warehouse have advised you are unable to return this.

Thanks, Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions