by Mick_Statham Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Will I keep 20gb boost after upgrade

I was given a 20gb boost to my phone account last December. My upgrade date is in Feb 2020. If I upgrade with EE will I still receive the 20gb boost?

My my current plan is 4gb (24gb with the boost). As I do not use above the 4gb of the plan data per month I was thinking of a 1gb data plan to keep costs down. When I upgrade am I still eligible for a 20gb boost (making 21gb on total)?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: Will I keep 20gb boost after upgrade

Hi @Mick_Statham If your still a EE broadband customer at the time of upgrade then the data boost will stay on but if you leave EE for broadband the boost will be removed immediately.

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Mick_Statham 

Why did you get the boost? 

If it's a promotional bonus at the time on the tariff you took out, then no it will likely end when you upgrade. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Valued Contributor

Hi @Northerner i got the boost because I upgraded to fibre BB last December. As far as I can see from EE’s website this seems to be a standard extra if you have EE BB and an EE phone plan. Is that correct or am I assuming too much?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Mick_Statham 

I see, if that's the boost, then yes you should retain your boost upon upgrade. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Hi @Mick_Statham If your still a EE broadband customer at the time of upgrade then the data boost will stay on but if you leave EE for broadband the boost will be removed immediately.

Valued Contributor

Thank @Northerner and @David that’s a big help. I can get a better phone then on a lower data plan and still have 20gb+ of date. 

Thanks folks 😊

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.