by Millie2104
Explorer

Wi-Fi and WhatsApp working after cancellation of contract

I gave 30 days notice for cancellation of the contract. I received an email confirmation from ee and online account is also now showing that account has been closed.

I rang ee that even after 13th July I can acess internet, wattsapp via wifi. The customer service officer told me that its ok to access internet & wattsapp via wifi. But my wattsapp is through my number whose sim is cancelled so how can i still use it ?

I am in India nad it costs a lot to ring UK. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: Wi-Fi and WhatsApp working after cancellation of contract

Hello @Millie2104

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community today. Smiley Happy

What you've been advised is correct. It's completely normal and fine to use your WhatsApp with your old cancelled number on your phone.

WhatsApp uses real numbers by verification by either text or voice call when you first set up WhatsApp, once the number has been verified you can use WhatsApp on either mobile data (you don't need to use the same account as the number registered on WhatsApp, so when you go travelling you can purchase a local SIM and use your WhatsApp that's attached to a U.K. number) or you can use WiFi.

But please be aware, if you have inactivity on your WhatsApp, WhatApp will ask you to reconfirm your number, but as this has been cancelled you'll be unable to do that.

5 REPLIES 5
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Hello @Millie2104

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community today. Smiley Happy

What you've been advised is correct. It's completely normal and fine to use your WhatsApp with your old cancelled number on your phone.

WhatsApp uses real numbers by verification by either text or voice call when you first set up WhatsApp, once the number has been verified you can use WhatsApp on either mobile data (you don't need to use the same account as the number registered on WhatsApp, so when you go travelling you can purchase a local SIM and use your WhatsApp that's attached to a U.K. number) or you can use WiFi.

But please be aware, if you have inactivity on your WhatsApp, WhatApp will ask you to reconfirm your number, but as this has been cancelled you'll be unable to do that.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Millie2104

You don't need a mobile number to use WhatsApp, the mobile number is used to verify your account. You can use many different sms services to do this. 

Your contacts can still message you are they are on on your list. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Millie2104.

I see you have been given some reassurance here from the community.

If you would like us to check your account, I recommend contacting customer services.

Chris

by Millie2104
Explorer

Thank you so much. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Glad you got the help you needed from the community @Millie2104

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions