by Fishster12 Investigator
Investigator

Why won't match smaller companies on deals I have 3 contracts with them and they

Why won't EE match smaller companies deals even though it's with EE I'm sick if being robbed off with excuses I have 3 contracts with EE but no loyalty reward from them .Just tell me to go with other company is this how they treat loyal customers and also they have really bad reviews on trust pilot so disappointed in EE biggest network provider and can't even match smaller companies so do disappointed looks like I will be leaving 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Investigator
Solution

Re: Why won't match smaller companies on deals I have 3 contracts with them and

Why would they be making a loss biggest phone provider in country so buy in bulk and get phones cheaper I wonder how much they pay per unit a lot cheaper than they charge us .EE are a huge company as everyone knows buy in bulk cheaper units never mind if they come from Japan or China so where do EE buy Samsung phones from 

7 REPLIES 7
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Because the other company can source their phones from abroad so can buy them in cheaper.  They are also subsidised.

You can upgrade via the 3rd party seller no issue.

But why expect EE to make a loss? They are here to make money like every other business

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Fishster12

Have you actually spoken to EE about your upgrades?

EE are no different than any company in that the priority is getting new customers, on deals which they need to subsidise. Thankfully these companies have customers who call themselves "loyal", and they know won't leave because of some assumed entitlement to a better deal the longer they stay. This is the same as broadband, mobile, insurance, gas & electric...etc..etc

The only way to break this is to vote with your feet, look for deals, look for extras, etc.

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

Yes have spoken to EE 4 times no joy just offerd me code to leave

Investigator
Solution

Why would they be making a loss biggest phone provider in country so buy in bulk and get phones cheaper I wonder how much they pay per unit a lot cheaper than they charge us .EE are a huge company as everyone knows buy in bulk cheaper units never mind if they come from Japan or China so where do EE buy Samsung phones from 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

EE would buy their Samsung phones from Samsung UK.

3rd PArties may buy them from Samsung Europe or Samsung Asia etc.

Buying in bulk does make it cheaper yes but if they are cheaper elsewhere then it makes a difference because those 3rd party companies are also buying in bulk

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Fishster12

It's not just about buying handsets, there will be complex commercial agreements in place about prices, firmware, access to better sales pages, searches, deals etc....these are not something third party suppliers need to consider. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Fishster12  EE don’t price match especially if the deal your looking at is with them anyway. And is that deal a new contact or an upgrade offer from this other company?  

Customer loyalty stopped years ago,  why should any customer get a better deal than any other customer.  We all should be offered them same great deals be that a new or existed customer. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.