Highlighted
by MartinYork Investigator
Investigator

Why do sales people in-store lie

Had pay as go upgraded to phone all went well. THEN  went in-store to get a second phone for a charity shop to use to value goods ,Salesman talked me into getting a tablet as well and made offers that were too good to be true, and they were ! I asked for total charge for all devices and he lied and underestimated by 30 to 40 % this has caused me distress but am now locked in 2year contract ! Further was watched by shop manager compliant in conning me ! Was told had unlimited use could send as many pictures as wanted and unlimited use LIAR ,Why lie ? There is no need for it ,Yes you got the sale now watch your feedback and reviews ! Staff At Parliament Street York 

12 REPLIES 12
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Why do sales people in-store lie

Good Evening @MartinYork

Welcome to the EE Community.

When you view your bill does it show any pro rata charges which may be on the account?

I would love to see if I look into this further for you, I have sent you a private message for more details. 

Speak shortly, 

Katie 🙂

Investigator

Hi Katie ,what's to hide ? Can chat on here ? When took my order was given a total cost per month of £32 which yes seemed too good to be true , now find out that was just for the two devices not including the original despite asking this question ,don't know what you mean by pro rata ? Also vat added not mentioned in-store also have chatted to your helpline ,very nice people but basically told as just myself and salesmen there that's that job done , nobody can do anything as am in two year contract , 

by

Hi there @MartinYork

The reason I have sent you a private messag is we have no account access here on the community so we cant look into this further for you. 

Pro rata is when something is added to your account part way through your billing month. This will result in charges to your bill date then for the month ahead making your first bill higher. 

Katie

by seehaseeb Investigator
Investigator

i think they just try to sell the contract maybe they get some commission or rank, but when u go second time they try to avoid you. 

i have so much bad experiences in store i believe i will never visit any ee store again and stick with helpline people online, they are nice and always helpful, today i went to store expecting i will upgrade my contract and get galaxy fold based on information i was initially given, but today things were totally different there. gonna make a complaint.

Investigator

Got something to hide ? No just not charged agreed amount. Should be
classed as fraud. But you and other companies fall back on contracts.
Should treat people better. Was shocked and surprised by EE reviews on
Trustpilot says it all. Your adverts now annoy me ! Enough is enough
Investigator

So like many companies yours are unable or unwilling to discuss these issues in the open ? As taking people's hard earned money is the priority ???  You are a communication company but apparently are unable or unwilling to communicate in the public forum of your own site ??? How funny 🙂

Investigator

How very funny

So did a post earlier about getting conned in-store. Replies by Katie wanted me to chat offline. As I said you are a communication company that seem unwilling to communicate online ? So now I replied on forum and guess what ? Yes got message that could not post as box was full. Truth sometimes hurts ???

Investigator

Is this enough ???

So did a post earlier about getting conned in-store. Replies by Katie wanted me to chat offline. As I said you are a communication company that seem unwilling to communicate online ? So now I replied on forum and guess what ? Yes got message that could not post as box was full. Truth sometimes hurts ???

Investigator

Re: Is this enough ???

Gone quiet on me Katie ? Just need to know why it's ok to con customers in-store ??? Don't want to "chat" on phone. You will still take my direct debits ! 

Investigator

Yes lots of rent and rates to pay the staff really have to sell and do not
care if lie and mislead ,I am just too trusting and take things said as
true ! What really annoys me is that I was suckered in
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How very funny

@MartinYork : It's for your own protection. EE staff here will be asking you via PM for some personal info to help id you & don't want that info to be shown on a public forum that anybody can read. They are just following Etiquette and guidelines for the EE Community as should you. I'd do the same if I needed to know where you live in order to help with some issue in your locality.

Safety

• Everything on this website is publicly visible online - remember that anyone could be reading.

• Take care with personal details and information that could identify yourself, your family and friends.

• Please don’t share personal details such as your phone numbers, full name, email address, home or work addresses, PINs or IMEIs, credit card details, transactional information about your EE account or any other account numbers.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

Hi @MartinYork

If you'd like some help with your problem, please reply to @Katie_B's private message with the details she requested. She'd finished her shift when you were posting last night.

If you don't want to send us your details through community private messages, you can find other ways to form a complaint on our make a complaint help page.

Either way, we'll be able to look into this for you.

Thanks

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.