by apollovs
Explorer

Why cant i upgrade to iphone 7 nearly new and keep my same tarrif?

I currently have an iphone 6 and i pay £31.99 a month for 2gb data with unlimited texts and calls.

I am currently elligable for an upgrade and i want an iphone 7, but i cant afford to buy one new, so was looking at getting nearly new but the cheapest tarrif it is offering me is about £45.99 a month for a 5gb data.

Now most months i dont even use 1gb let alone my 2 gb so i definately dont want 5gb!

If this is only option when i will be changing to sim only for £17.99 and that means you will be losing £14 a month from me which seems mad from a business point of view!

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why cant i upgrade to iphone 7 nearly new and keep my same tarrif?

Hi, 

You maybe eligible for an upgrade but that phone must not be available on the plan you have. 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by apollovs
Explorer

It just seems another con for EE to squeeze for money from us, i was made to upgrade to my current plan when i got the iphone 2 years ago and now they want me to upgrade to a higher plan again, it is a con, as the higher plan is more data allowance and i dont need anymore.

Oh well guess it is EE that loses out then, if this is the way they want to do business i might look somewhere else

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@apollovs  the £14 a month that you think EE are loosing out on does cover the cost of a iPhone 7.   So EE are not loosing out at all. 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @apollovs

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community. Smiley Happy

While I understand you frustrations, EE are not trying to con you.

Unfortunately EE would only be making around £7 from you a month if they allowed you to keep your current £31.99 price plan and provide you with an iPhone 7.

£31.99 x 24 = £767.76 - £599 (iPhone 7 32GB) = £168.76 ÷ 24 = £7.03. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions