cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

When does the cooling off period start?

Jmorgo7
Investigator
Investigator

I upgraded my phone but the delivery has been delayed. From what date does the 14 day cooling off period apply? Is it from the date I ordered or the date the phone is delivered?

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

From when you receive the phone

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

From when you receive the phone

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
acepaul
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

As far as I know legally you get the phone in your mit, ring up cancel it, you now have a “worthless second hand phone” that 10 minutes ago was worth £500 now worth £160. Hand over £160 or whatever decided, thank you very much.  Contract free phone

PAYING ORANGE “OUT HERE” CUSTOMER WHO WAS ROBBED FROM IT BY EE NEVER TRY TOO COMMICATE TO “MA” HE IS TO RUDE TO REPLY

@acepaul, What you have written makes no sense. If you order a new phone online or over the phone, the 14 dat cooling off period starts once you receive the phone, if you are not happy etc, then you have that period to return it and go back to your original plan, at no expense to you.

I do not understand what you mean by it being a second hand phone and the price of the phone will have dropped so low, as you cannot sell it for the first six months and it is locked to EE for those first six months.

If you are not happy with the way customer service have treated you, you can make a complaint or even speak to someone about this, they are not rude and do not rob you.

You will not get an Orange account anymore, the same with T-Mobile, as it is now all EE, although customers who have one of these can continue with these accounts, but if a customer upgrades then it will be an EE account, for your information.

acepaul
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I’m only repeating what was mentioned on my favourite website, just a way of getting expensive phone cheap.

not sure then I thought was from when you sign contract 

PAYING ORANGE “OUT HERE” CUSTOMER WHO WAS ROBBED FROM IT BY EE NEVER TRY TOO COMMICATE TO “MA” HE IS TO RUDE TO REPLY

@acepaul, It depends what phone you want and it is not cheap, as you are paying for it through your contract per month instead of buying it from the dealer and paying it in one go, which many people cannot afford. It is a matter of opinion, whether you want to pay it on contract or get it from the dealer or elsewhere and pay the full price.

It also depends what you use your phone for and how much you use it, as you can get cheap phones, it all has to do with quality as well as preference.