by mzrkakn Investigator
Investigator

What do I have to do now after I give my 30 days of notice?

Hi,my contract is going to end on 28/29th of November so I called EE customer service today and I’ve told them that I don’t want to carry on with EE when my contract will be ended. So I gave my 30 days of notice and they gave me my PAC code.

So what is next now? Because I already ordered other providers pay monthly sim. Will I get my last bill on 28/29th of this month? Or am I going to have another bill also? To be honest,I am paying £36 for a month and I don’t want to pay around £60 end of all those things. 

And the last question is ; when is the best time for me to move my number to other provider that I ordered today? Because I can use that PAC code till 09.12.2017 and my 30 days of notice will be ended on 10th of December next month.

Please help me.

5 REPLIES 5
by mzrkakn Investigator
Investigator

Re: What do I have to do now after I give my 30 days of notice?

Any help please?

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

This is a customer forum so you won't find an answer from someone straight away.

If you have a PAC code then you would need to give this to your new network to move your number over or otherwise the EE contract will not cancel as they will think you have changed your mind.

When you use your PAC code it will end within 24 hours as the number will be ported over and your final bill will be produced for you to pay.

So it is up to you as if you are in the last 30 days then there will be no penalty for you leaving and using the PAC code now.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Having given your notice today your contract will end 30 days hence on 7 Dec.

You will be (non-final) billed on 29 Nov as normal up to 28 Dec as it won't know yet whether you've used your PAC. Your final bill will be rendered any time after 7 Nov & sent to you in writing. It should contain the rebate for the period 7 - 28 Dec.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by mzrkakn Investigator
Investigator

So when is the best time for me to transfer my number to new provider? After 29th November any day/time?

Because as far as I know,if I’ll give my PAC code to my new provider now/today or tomorrow any time soon then I’ll be charged because of termination of my contract before it ends(even It is left 19 days).

Thank you for answering my questions.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I don't see it matters. You'll have to pay the 30-day notice period anyway. Probably safer after 29 Nov in case they say you terminated early.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions