by Ukfarhan
Visitor

Vat charged on bill

Last month I bought a contract of 31.99pm from EE . But after one month they charged me contract amount plus VAT. It means my contact price is now 38£. Are there other users paying the same?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Vat charged on bill

All consumer prices include VAT and every network charges VAT, but you may be confused by the way EE presents its bills. It itemises all items excluding VAT before totalling them up and adding VAT at the end.

Look at the pre-VAT itemisation in the bill & the periods they cover. You are probably paying extra cuz you always pay your monthly fee in advance but on the 1st bill you will also be paying in arrears for the period from when you joined to the date of the bill.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

All consumer prices include VAT and every network charges VAT, but you may be confused by the way EE presents its bills. It itemises all items excluding VAT before totalling them up and adding VAT at the end.

Look at the pre-VAT itemisation in the bill & the periods they cover. You are probably paying extra cuz you always pay your monthly fee in advance but on the 1st bill you will also be paying in arrears for the period from when you joined to the date of the bill.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ukfarhan

Welcome to the community and thank you for becoming one of our newest members 🙂

Just to add to the information @XRaySpeX has offered to you.

It may be worth having a look at our EE mobile Bills explained help and support pages to help you with the understanding of your bills.

Any further support you need, come see us in the community first.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by Carline

Im supposed to pay 56,67£ monthly but unfortunately im paying 68£ every month because they are charging me with 20% on VAT  witch i don't know why and i don't want to pay anymore what do I do ?? 

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Carline

Thanks for coming to the community. 

The price your contract is sold at includes VAT, however, on your EE bill you will see a full break down of your price plan before VAT and how much VAT has been charged. 

VAT is charged at 20% on almost everything within the UK.

If your bill is slightly higher there should be charges outside the allowance. 

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.