04-04-2017 03:55 PM
I am due an early upgrade from the 6th of April and I decided to call 105 to see what offers were available roughly for the iPhone SE.
Spoke to someone from customer services/upgrades and they said for me to upgrade I would have to have a higher monthly tarriff than what I am on now because I am not offcially due an upgrade until 4th July.
Currently I have an iPhone 6 and pay £40 quid a month?! Surely if EE are offering you the chance to upgrade early they would have better offers?
Should I try in my local store instead on 6th see what they offer or even online?
Any advice welcomed.
04-04-2017 05:16 PM
@_flaked_ The store will tell you them same.
When you text UP to 150 what reply do you get back ?
04-04-2017 05:21 PM
Just messaged UP to 150 and received this:
"You are not due for an upgrade until 06 Apr 2017 but you can get the latest handset today if you pay a fee to upgrade early. Just call 150 to find out more."
04-04-2017 05:27 PM
@_flaked_ If you upgrad before this date you will be required to pay off the remaining part of your current contract, not to the upgrade date but to the minimum term date.
There are some tariffs that allow you to early upgrade but you have to have a more expensive or a tariff at the same price point as the one your on now and I think that this is what the CS agent was referring too.
Wait till the 6th and upgrade for free.
04-04-2017 05:41 PM
My contract officially ends on 4th July and from 6th April I can upgrade early but will it be on a tarrif same as the one I'm on or a a cheaper one?
Preferably like a cheaper one!
06-04-2017 08:23 PM
Just here to update.
I went into an EE store today and was listed the available options but they were all ridiculous and overpriced.
Was told to wait until 21st May because they would have better offers then/be able to waver upfront costs.
So I will wait until then and see if EE can match Carphone Warehouse's deals.