by Mjones1 Investigator
Investigator

Upgraded phone today but store gave me wrong phone. Miscommunication help please

Hi upgraded phone today in store. Required about the iPhone 6splus but sales person must of thought I said 6s. Miscommunication clearly but when I went back 2 hours later the store would not help to correct the mistake they made. Very unhappy and I need help to resolve this matter. The phone box has not been opened I just need to swap it and change deals. The store was very unhelpful and basically said there is nothing they can do even though the deal had just been made. I've been with EE for over 10 years and the poor customer service is unbelievable from the store. Please can someone help thanks. 

12 REPLIES 12
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Upgraded phone today but store gave me wrong phone. Miscommunication help pl

Hi, 

Does the phone match the paperwork?

Did you not check before leaning the store?

Not much you can do other than go back to store and speak to the manager. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Upgraded phone today but store gave me wrong phone. Miscommunication help pl

Did you not check the phone etc before leaving?

There is a no return policy on the store sales unless it is faulty or coverage issues.

When you went back did you speak to the manager?

The issue here si that the contract you took would need to be cancelled and then you will have to apply for a contract again as the 6S Plus will have a higher tariff.

Try calling CS in the morning and explain the situation.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10 Beta)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Mjones1 Investigator
Investigator

The sales person just put in the bag and I walked out. I noticed not long after. The phone is still untouched.  I don't mind paying higher tariff but didn't want that phone. The manger was not willing to help and CS told me it's up to the store. Who has a Zero policy anyway. It's ridiculous it was 2hrs later Max. Surely the manger could do something if they really wanted to. I could understand if I wanted to cancel it but I just wanted it changed. And also they didn't tell me about the zero policy until afterwards. 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

It's in their T&Cs as you are able to check the phone before leaving the store to make sure it is the one you want.

This is what you should have done. When I bought from stores EE or other networks I even opened the box before signing any paperwork to make sure the phone was in good nick.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10 Beta)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

The Returns Policy will be on the walls, but, even so, no shop need tell you about theirs unless you enquire. There is no statutory cooling-off period from any shop, only when you order by phone or online.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Mjones1 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for your reply. My error then. Still I'm not signing my life away. If you bought a pair of jeans but wrong size you can change them. Cant see what the big deal is. Whoops you've given me the wrong phone and deal can I change it, yes of course would had been the right answer. I am the customer after all.  I have another line with EE and will be cancelling that one as it up for renewal. Thanks for your reply though 😀

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mjones1

If it's a different phone than what your paperwork says then the contract isn't valid, that's why I mentioned it in my first post. 

Just go back to store and kick up a fuss. Or return the handset as faulty within 30 days, EE will then have to refund your account. 

I would also recommend complaining via EE complaints process

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Employee

Hi @Mjones1 and welcome to the community.

I have sent you a private message to see if I can get this one looked into if you havent already spoken to someone today about it.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Mjones1 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Lee

thanks for your reply. How do I view private messages? Thanks 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Click on the link to them in @Lee_H's post.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Hi @Mjones1

Please click on the highlighted private message in my previous post 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

by
EE Employee

Hi @Mjones1

I have just had an update on your issue, please recheck your private message 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions