by Dommyem

Upgrade to 4GEE for a month then Downgrade to Essentials

Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 19.05.47.pngMessage 2Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 19.05.33.pngMessage 1Is this actually correct? I am going to America in March and need the 4GEE Max's roaming bits and pieces. The conversation I just had with Abu leads me to believe I can just upgrade from Essentials to 4GEE Max for one month and then return to Essentials. Can you confirm this?

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Upgrade to 4GEE for a month then Downgrade to Essentials

@Dommyem  No you can not.  You could downgrade back to the original price point but only once you have completed half the contract term but you’ll only increase the essential tariff your on,  

But you want to change the tariff completely and that wouldn’t be possible to downgrade back as these are separate tariffs and different categories. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Why should EE allow you to upgrade to the Max Plan just for 1 month just to get the outside EU roaming benefits when they insist you pay a min of 6 months for the Go Further Roaming Add-on which is intended for exactly the same purpose?

No way will they allow it!

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dommyem,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Please see I want to change my EE price plan - what do I need to do? for the terms and conditions of changing your price plan.

• You can only move down price plans if you are in the second half of your contract and have increased your plan previously and this can be no lower than your original price plan.

• You can only request to move down once in the second half of your contract so please be sure that the new plan will suit your needs for the remainder of your contract length.

• The data allowance must be less than your current plan.

Hope this helps.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.