by gibsonk1980 Investigator
Investigator

Upgrade rip off

I am due my upgrade today, when i go to select a Iphone XS as a new line the total cost comes to £2032 over the 24 months.

I have been with EE for around 6 years now and have 4 lines, when i went to upgrdae the main line for the exact saem phone as aboev on a upgrade they want £2572 over the 24 months. 

This is nothing short of scandalous, i get ripped off over £500 for the priveledge of being a loyal customer for 6 years with multiple lines, at least **bleep** Turpin wore a mask 

6 REPLIES 6
by gibsonk1980 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Upgrade rip off

Why do you bleep a perfectly correct name, Richard Turpin doesnt have the same ring to it, anyways still ripping me off...

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@gibsonk1980 Buy it direct from Apple then and get a SIM only plan from EE.  That is by far the chepaest most cost effective way.

Either pay the full upfront cost (Apple are also currently running a promotional 0% interest finance deal) or buy using the Apple iPhone annual upgrade program (details can be found here.)

I've not purchased a handset directly from EE for many years now!

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Loyalty means nothing these days.  You are nothing more than an account number to these companies!

On the Apple annual upgrade program a fully unlocked iPhone XS will cost you £56.45 a month with a £69 up-front payment (that also includes AppleCare+), which you wouldn't get buying from EE.

It's a 20 month interest free payment program, however, you can upgrade to a new iPhone after month 11 and start the 20 month payment plan again if you wanted to.

You just get a SIM only plan from any of the mobile networks.

Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Profile closed My other network offered me a 15% discount and an extra 100GB data a month, so there's some loyalty about!

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @gibsonk 

Have you had a chat with our upgrades team?

I'm sure they'll offer the best available deal for your needs.

Chris

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@chistery wrote:

@Profile closed My other network offered me a 15% discount and an extra 100GB data a month, so there's some loyalty about!

No, that's just competition. Anyway, tell EE what that competitor offered you and they might match or near match it. Remember that EE 4g is better than other 4g networks by the way.

Apart from all of that I'd go for a non Apple phone. Apple have for so long been the real rip off merchants. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions