by Asilisa Investigator
Investigator

Upgrade results very disappointing for loyal customers, thoughts anyone?

So been with EE for many years as my original deal was excellent, I went on to add my daughter to my account a few years ago as still cost effective. Browsing today it’s clear my package is actually rubbish and EE upgrade results are actually insulting, did I miss something? 

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Upgrade results very disappointing for loyal customers, thoughts anyone?

Hi @Asilisa 

Try upgrading via a third party such as Carphone Warehouse or call 150 and see what they can offer you. 

Unfortunately people expectations around upgrades and offers are just unrealistic in today's market, where most top end devices are over £1k. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Profile closed
Not applicable

It’s not just you.  Just get the best deal for you from who ever offers it.

Loyalty disappeared years ago.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Asilisa

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Have you had a chat with our upgrades team? I'm sure they'll do their best to get you a brilliant deal.

Chris

by Asilisa Investigator
Investigator

I don’t feel my expectations are that high to be fair but considering the upgrade available would make no difference, why do they even make the suggestion? It’s pathetic, and I already have a better deal in motion just would have preferred to stay with EE, anyway, such is life, thanks for reading my ranting and also responding. All the best. 

by Asilisa Investigator
Investigator

Hi no I have not and to be fair I doubt I shall, I have the EE mobile app which suggested the upgrade, why? Beyond my understanding, upgrading should be better not more of the same..... thanks for your reply, all the best.

by mancub Investigator
Investigator

Why dont you:

1) Haggle to get better deal

2) Cancel your contarct and become new customer again, as this is only way they can attract new customers by giving them discounts and once they hooked, EE can bump up the prices

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Asilisa  An upgrade is a new device not necessarily a better device than what you’ve got now.   You can get a cheaper device than what you have now and it’s still classed as a upgrade.

You don't have to have what’s   suggested as that’s all it is a suggestion. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@mancub   You’ll not get a better deal because your a new customer as upgrades are the same price.    Why should anyone get a better deal than anyone else as your no more important than anyone else be a new or existing customer.    And all customers get the RPI increase each year and you agreed to that when you take out a contract.   

by Asilisa Investigator
Investigator

@mancub i did sign a contract, many years ago, I’ve since added my daughter to my account, at no point did I suggest I was anything other than disappointed with the suggested upgrade offer. Regardless, yes I do think loyalty should be rewarded however I can switch and get a better deal at half the price now so....whatever, I’m allowed to have a rant surely, you seem to think being rude is ok so, happy days. You have yourself a super bank holiday x

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.