by S-PA Contributor
Contributor

Upgrade freebies

Hi all

Wondering if someone has some advise/suggestions for my Boss' situation.

My boss has been with EE/Orange for a few years and has an iphone and tablet under her plan. When she upgraded last year she asked the adviser if she would be eligible for some sort of gift for staying with the network. The adviser spoke to his manager and offered a free tablet. A cheap brand, nothing too fancy but she was delighted and accepted the gift. Wondering if her loyalty was worth a bit more, she asked if she could get another one for free. The adviser went to speak to his manager again and she was given another tablet! 

She has relatives abroad so shipped the 2 gifts away for family and that was that.

Months later she was looking at her statements and noticed her bill was higher than usual.  Calling EE to investigate, they explained that she now had 3 x 24 months contracts at £15 per month - £45 for 3 tablets... 2 of which she no longer has. 

Explaining that the 2 tablets were gifts, EE referred her to her signed contract. She explained that her contract was for her phone and she never signed anything to take out the extra tablets as she was of the understading that they were gifts! 

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions for next steps here?

Greatly appreciated!

PA.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Upgrade freebies

With these sort of offers you are only ever given the up-front cost of the device for free.

You still have to pay for the monthly line rental those devices come with.

If that wasn't made clear at the time, you have grounds to make a complaint, details of which can be found here.

16 REPLIES 16
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

With these sort of offers you are only ever given the up-front cost of the device for free.

You still have to pay for the monthly line rental those devices come with.

If that wasn't made clear at the time, you have grounds to make a complaint, details of which can be found here.

by S-PA Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply- this is very helpful!

Sent from my iPhone
by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @S-PA 

Thanks for taking the time to come and see us in community 🙂

Please do contact our customer services team so that they can look at this for you.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

by S-PA Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Richard, I need to obtain the account details from my Boss so I can pursue this. If she doesnt have any recent emails or paper statements, do you have any ideas on how she can get her account number?

by

Hi @S-PA

Thanks for replying 🙂

If you have a mobile number, they will be able to identify your boss and proceed with the query.

Richard

🙂

by S-PA Contributor
Contributor

Wonderful! Thank you 🙂

[MOD EDIT: Personal details have been removed, please do not post these on a public forum]

by

Have a lovely weekend @S-PA

Richard

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

She can text ACCOUNT to 150.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by S-PA Contributor
Contributor

I tried that but it didn’t work. She’s EE not Orange

Thanks anyway
by
EE Employee

Hi @S-PA

Your boss will need to speak to customer services for data protection and security.

Many thanks,

Lee

by S-PA Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Lee, do you think she could put permissions on the account so I can speak on her behalf?
by
EE Employee

Hi @S-PA

Unfortunately, this type of query would have to be dealt with by the account holder.

As the sales calls may need to be listened to and confirmed with your boss.

Many thanks,

Lee

by S-PA Contributor
Contributor

Ah I see! Ok, thank you - I’ll explain this to her!
by
EE Employee

Hi @S-PA

Do let us know how she gets on.

Many thanks,

Lee

by S-PA Contributor
Contributor

Hi all

Thanks again for your support thus far. I explained to my boss that the calls could be listened to but she said that the request was made in-store. 

Do you think she will still get a chance to resolve this since there are no telephone records?

Should I speak to the store manager perhaps?

Thanks

by
EE Employee

Hi @S-PA

My best advice would be to speak to the store manager.

The store should have record of these tablets - as they would of needed to be signed for by your boss for them to be added to her contract.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions